Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Place a non-stick pan onto medium heat, add the oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the steak on both sides, then gently place the steak in the pan. Make sure the steak is well caramelized on one side, then turn it over, cook for a further 2-3 minutes on all sides. Place in hot barbecue grill, keep checking it every 5 minutes, making sure that the steak is not on a direct heat otherwise the outside could burn, best to use a probe for this part, the optimal temperature for the steak is 52 degrees C in the middle of the meat. Take out of the grill and back on to the heat, add the butter and the aromatics, baste the foaming butter over the steak. Allow the steak to rest, for half of the time you cooked it. Slice, then season the steak once more.
CARRARA WAGYU TOMAHAWK MB 6-7 — 1.5 KG ( order at dxbbq.ae )
This steak is defined by an intense marbling achievable only through first-class genetics. Carrara Wagyu won as 2019 Branded Beef in Royal Queensland – Food & Wine Show in Australia.
THYME-FRESH -1 SPRIG
ROSEMARY FRESH – 1 SPRIG
GARLIC – 1 CLOVE
CORN OIL– 2OG
BUTTER – 100G
Wagyu tomahawk is a type of steak that has a long bone. Because of high marbling, the cooked Tomahawk is juicy and tender. We are glad to share with you the chef's secret of how to do this.
For best results, the steak should be room temperature and dry (use a paper towel to make the sides of the meat dry). If it doesn't fit in the pan, cut the bone. You can also make small incisions in the bone area (as this is the slowest place to fry.)
1. Pour vegetable oil into a non-stick pan. Leave the pan for 1 minute on medium heat (the pan should be hot before you place the meat)
2. When the oil gets hot, sprinkle the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Then carefully place it in the pan. Hold the steak by the bone and press the surface to the pan (used for frying it faster and better ) Don't forget about the sides.
3. When the steak is caramelized on one side, flip it over to the other. Continue cooking for another two to three minutes on each side.
4. Move the Tomahawk to the barbecue grill, check it every 2.5 minutes. We recommend measuring the temperature of the meat with a thermometer. Optimally, if in the middle of the tomahawk it will be 52 degrees.
If you do not have the grill, then you can place the piece of meat in an oven preheated to 180°C. We recommend placing it for 15-20 minutes to get a medium-well.
5. take off the tomahawk from the grill and put it back in the heated pan, add the butter and spices, and lightly fry. Place the steak on a warm plate or board and let it rest for half of the cooking time. Chop the meat and season it again.
6. Serve with your favourite side dish, grilled vegetables and greens are the best.
Wagyu tomahawk recipe is useful for those who plan to cook for themselves, friends or relatives a delicious dish. Following our recommendations, you can prepare a restaurant dish in just half an hour. It looks impressive and wins the hearts of gourmets. This is a great option for a romantic date, dinner or party.