Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
1 pumpkin (appx. 1 kg)
1 bunch leek
1 tbs nutmeg
Turkey breast fillet (appx. 700 g). ( Order online at dxbbq.com )
1 cup cream (or coconut milk)
1-2 sprigs of thyme
¼ cup green pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin turkey soup originally combines the taste of vegetables, fruits, spices and tender meat. This dish will warm you up in cool weather and give you strength at the end of the day. It will also become a source of vitamins, protein and minerals (especially sodium, potassium and calcium), and provide the body with nutrients to maintain health and wellness.
1. Cut the pumpkin in half, then peel and remove the seeds. Cut into large cubes.
2. Chop the leeks finely.
3. Take a heavy-bottomed soup pot, add butter and heat it
4. Remove the seeds from the pear and cut them into small slices.
5. Add pear, leek, nutmeg, salt and pepper to the saucepan.
6. Put in the pumpkin pieces and pour in the water. Instead of water, you can use vegetable or meat broth, it will be even tastier
7. Place the lid on the pot and cook the pumpkin until soft, about 30 minutes.
8. At this time, cut the turkey breast into about 2 x 2 cm pieces. Heat oil in a pan, add nutmeg, thyme, turkey, sprinkle with black pepper and salt( fry it for 5 minutes)
As an alternative to pumpkin and turkey soup, you can use minced turkey meatballs. They should also be fried or stewed thoroughly. Another way is to boil them with the pumpkin during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
9. When the pumpkin is ready, add sugar and saffron, pour in cream (preferably fatty), salt and pepper to taste. Use a blender to smooth the mixture into a smooth puree. The longer you smash the pumpkin cream base, the softer the result will be.
10. Pour the prepared puree soup into bowls. Add chunks of turkey, pears, pumpkin seeds. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
Because of the lightness and availability of ingredients, the pumpkin turkey soup recipe can be cooked regularly. Now you don't need to go to a restaurant to treat yourself to a delicious dish. It can be prepared at home and even served when guests come.